As a homeowner there is nothing more exciting than the idea of painting your home yourself. A fresh coat of paint makes everything look so much better right? You can choose colors for the inside or the outside and just get to work! Maybe you will even use a paint sprayer because they look like they get the job done fast!
Are you out of your mind? Have you thought about the work involved, especially if you are considering doing your own exterior painting? All of the scraping and cleaning that needs to be done, the preparation for laying on a new coat of paint and the small repairs that are going to be inevitable are going to be your job. If you have experience, and time then go ahead and jump right in there and get that job done. If you don’t have any experience it might be time to think about painting services.
• When calling around for painting services try not to get excited about an over the phone conversation about the price. The painting contractor is going to want to come out and look at the house. Never go for the first quote you receive. Call around and see what your best options are.
• Do not be afraid to ask for references from customers and pictures of past jobs. A reputable painting company should be able to provide these.
• Find out if they are experienced with house painting. Residential painting is very different from commercial. If you need interior painting, make sure to specify. interior painting services Talk to people who have had similar jobs done for them. This is a great way to find a good painting service.
• Ask for what materials and paint they are using. Make sure everything is quality. Quality lasts longer and always makes for a much better finished product no matter what the painters skill.
• Ask about a warranty! These are worth the money as they often deal with touch ups and other paint issues inside and outside of your home. This can save you a lot of stress in the future.
• If you have any other concerns such as environmental friendliness then it is up to you to ask pertinent questions. You are the customer, and you are inquiring about purchasing their services which should be reputable and consistent. Ask for a list of the products they plan to use on your home. If you do not like their selections, you can always supply your own paint.
As a consumer it is up to you to make sure you are getting what you pay for. Finding good painting service is step one. Trusting them to do their job is the next. Once you have hired someone, let them do their jobs without micromanaging. Obviously you will want to keep tabs, but make sure that you hire a professional so that you do not have to spend all your time managing them. That is one of the reasons to hire a professional in the first place.